The Niagara Parks Commission will host the Niagara Falls International Marathon on Sunday, October 23, 2011. Please be aware of the following road closures and restrictions that will take place on this day.
· The South Niagara Parkway will be closed from Old Fort Erie to Upper Rapids Blvd beginning at 8 a.m. and will reopen as the last participant runs past each cross road. Access to homes and attraction along this section of the Niagara Parkway are available from the closest access points and will be assisted by Niagara Parks Police and Race Marshalls.
· The north bound lanes of the Niagara Parkway from Upper Rapids Blvd. to Table Rock will be closed from 7:00 am to 5 p.m. on this day.
· NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Both south bound lanes of the Niagara Parkway through Queen Victoria Park to Upper Rapids Blvd. will remain uninterrupted as southbound lanes. There will be no northbound lane between Upper Rapids Blvd and Table Rock.
· All access to Table Rock, Falls Parking Lot and the Floral Showhouse Parking Lot will remain open for the day via the southbound lanes.
· NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Buses at Rapidsview Parking Lot will be asked to proceed along Portage Road to Fallsview Blvd and turn right onto Murray Street to reenter the Parkway. Buses will be able to proceed south to Table Rock for pick up.
· All traffic and people movers will operate as normal from Table Rock to the north parkway.
· All races will finish at Table Rock Bus Management on this day. Bus Management will be moved to the People Mover Loop on the south side of Table Rock for the day.
· Tim Hortons at Table Rock Welcome Center will be open at 7:00 am on October 23 for the convenience of guests arriving early for the event.
“A haunting experience awaits you Friday and Saturday nights in October at Journey Behind the Falls. Niagara Parks has called upon its ghosts to greet them during this unique and limited time event. Suitable for all ages. Regular admissions apply.”
Please be advised that the last ticket sold for regular visits will be at 4:45 p.m. on the above dates and then your guests would have to join in with the structured ghost tours that begin at 6 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
Niagara Wine Festival is on now!!! From Sep. 16 to Sep. 25, 2011, you can come to Niagara and enjoy wine tours, concerts, Niagara cuisine, wine seminars, live entertainment and one of Canada’s largest street parades during the 60th Niagara Wine Festival.
To learn more, please visit http://www.niagarawinefestival.com/page/winefest_home
Canada’s longest fireworks series over Niagara Falls continues!
Fireworks displays will take place
Every Friday until October 7 at 9:00 p.m.
Brenda, Jackie, Janet, Wanda and Gary
Brenda, Jackie and Wanda are sisters. Janet is their mother, and Gary is Jackie’s husband.
They stayed at our Angel’s Hideaway Bed and Breakfast from August 29 to Aug 31, 2011. They are very funny. Every morning, Gary just told me that he was getting bigger. Continue reading
Due to a large number of requests from the public, the Niagara Falls Illumination Board has decided to illuminate Niagara Falls in orange on Saturday to commemorate the career and memory of the late Jack Layton. The Falls will be illuminated in orange during the following times:
9:00 – 9:15 p.m.
10:00 – 10:15 p.m.
11:00 – 11:15 p.m.
In keeping with the State Funeral which is being held in honour of Mr. Layton, Flags throughout the Parks will also be flown at half mast until sunset Saturday.
By RAY SPITERI Niagara Falls Review
A decades-old dream for some politicians and tourism officials became a reality after city council unanimously approved a 10-year agreement with the Niagara Parks Commission for a new people-mover system.
The decision was made during a special council meeting held at city hall Thursday.
Parks commissioners have already ratified a draft agreement. Continue reading
Niagara Falls is a picturesque place and different season has different unique scene. Autumn is my favorite season, not only because the weather condition, but also the colorful leaves everywhere. The most beautiful days here in Niagara Falls are the middle of October (Oct 10~20). Don’t miss the great view and the warm hospitality at Angel’s Hideaway Bed and Breakfast! Continue reading