WEGO bus system
WEGO Launches August 2012!
The Niagara Parks Commission and the City of Niagara Falls introduce
WEGO – Ride to Fun!
A new tourism transportation system will be in full service in Niagara Falls in mid-August. The state-of-the-art bus system is fully accessible and will operate year-round. Continue reading
Members of the public will be able to meet famed American aerialist Nik Wallenda at two public events this week, before he walks into the history books by attempting to cross the Niagara Gorge on a high-wire on Friday, June 15th, 2012.
The Niagara Parks Commission (NPC) is hosting two meet and greet opportunities with Mr. Wallenda on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons at its Table Rock Welcome Centre. Visitors will be able to speak to the professional wirewalker during each of the hour-long sessions as he prepares for his much-anticipated crossing. Continue reading
Celebrate New Year’s Eve Niagara Falls at Queen Victoria Park
from 7:30 p.m. – 12:05 a.m.
at 8:45 p.m. & Midnight Continue reading
The Niagara Parks Commission would like people to do more than just drive past the Festival of Lights exhibits. In an effort to expand their list of winter activities and try to get tourists to spend time outside of their cars, the commission has installed a carnival-type vintage carousel to anchor what it’s calling Victorian Candy Land.
“It allows people to not only stay in their cars, but get out and experience more of the parks up close. It’s about turning the park into a four-seasons destination,” said NPC director of communications Tony Baldinelli.
The vintage carousel, which was installed Thursday and will open to the public Saturday, is located in front of the Edgewater Tap & Grill at the bottom of Murray Hill. Rides on the carousel will be $3, and there will also be an open fire nearby where families can make their own s’mores. The carousel will be open until Jan. 8.
Baldinelli said “it’s all part of expanding the commission’s enhancement of the opportunities in the Winter Festival of Lights.” The NPC was a founding partner in the festival when it started 29 years ago.
The carousel could be somewhat controversial to some who think the commission should be focused on the natural aspect of the falls, but Baldinelli said it’s a family-oriented, winter-only attraction.
“Everything we do is a balance between our commercial operations and what we do as stewards over the lands that we protect. With the Winter Festival of Lights, it’s something we’re doing for families and for children,” he said.
The Niagara Parks Commission will host the Niagara Falls International Marathon on Sunday, October 23, 2011. Please be aware of the following road closures and restrictions that will take place on this day.
· The South Niagara Parkway will be closed from Old Fort Erie to Upper Rapids Blvd beginning at 8 a.m. and will reopen as the last participant runs past each cross road. Access to homes and attraction along this section of the Niagara Parkway are available from the closest access points and will be assisted by Niagara Parks Police and Race Marshalls.
· The north bound lanes of the Niagara Parkway from Upper Rapids Blvd. to Table Rock will be closed from 7:00 am to 5 p.m. on this day.
· NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Both south bound lanes of the Niagara Parkway through Queen Victoria Park to Upper Rapids Blvd. will remain uninterrupted as southbound lanes. There will be no northbound lane between Upper Rapids Blvd and Table Rock.
· All access to Table Rock, Falls Parking Lot and the Floral Showhouse Parking Lot will remain open for the day via the southbound lanes.
· NEW FOR THIS YEAR: Buses at Rapidsview Parking Lot will be asked to proceed along Portage Road to Fallsview Blvd and turn right onto Murray Street to reenter the Parkway. Buses will be able to proceed south to Table Rock for pick up.
· All traffic and people movers will operate as normal from Table Rock to the north parkway.
· All races will finish at Table Rock Bus Management on this day. Bus Management will be moved to the People Mover Loop on the south side of Table Rock for the day.
· Tim Hortons at Table Rock Welcome Center will be open at 7:00 am on October 23 for the convenience of guests arriving early for the event.
Canada’s longest fireworks series over Niagara Falls continues!
Fireworks displays will take place
Every Friday until October 7 at 9:00 p.m.